Easy steps to installing your rain barrel:
- Locate downspout to collect rain from.
- Place (leveled) cinder blocks where your rain barrel will sit. Blocks should be tall
enough for watering can to fit below spigot.
- Place barrel on center of concrete blocks and determine locationto cut existing downspout.
- Cut existing downspout with a hacksaw.
- Attach a flexible downspout elbow from existing downspout to top of rain barrel.
Flexible downspouts available for $3.00
(See Photo Gallery).
- Attach a standard hose to the overflow valve and feed it back to your existing drainage system.
- The overflow connection allows two or more rain barrels to be connected for greater storage capacity.
- A standard 3/4" garden hose can be connected to both the overflow connection and the main spigot
- When placing barrel on blocks make sure it does not tip. A full barrel can be very heavy (Over 300 lbs)